Your privacy is important to Kapsch TrafficCom Services Inc., a Kapsch Group company, d/b/a Uproad (Hereinafter "Uproad"). This statement explains our practices, including your choices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information.
If you have general questions or wish to contact Customer Service for assistance, please visit http://www.uproad.com/help. For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies, or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email or phone at 877-8UPROAD (877-887-7623).
The data controller of your personal information is Uproad. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety we will need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Who We Are
Uproad is a Kapsch Group company, a global organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. Our privacy practices are designed to provide protection for your personal information, all over the world. Uproad collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the laws of the United States and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
What We Collect
We receive and store information about you such as:
Information you provide to us. We collect this information in several ways, including when you enter it while enrolling, using our service, interacting with our Customer Service, or participating in surveys or marketing promotions.
We collect the information you provide to us which includes:
- your email address and postal code;
- your physical address;
- vehicle information including license plate number, state, make, model, color and year;
- payment method(s) information;
- information when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, account settings, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
Uproad uses a Level 1 PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant payment processor that meets the highest industry standards and guidelines. For each payment method, Uproad only stores a token, along with card types, the last four digits, and potentially the cardholder name and address. Uproad does not store or handle any sensitive credit/debit card data.
Information we collect automatically
We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your mobile phone, computer or other device, used to access our service. This information includes:
- your interactions with our email and push messages;
- details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, and potentially transcripts of any chat conversations. If you call us, your phone number and potentially call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers;
- advertising identifiers, such as those on mobile devices that include such identifiers (see the "Cookies and Internet Advertising" section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on screen and page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
Information from other sources
We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
- service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address to customize our service and for other uses consistent with this Privacy Statement;
- select partners that make our service available on their device or with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities;
- payment service providers who provide us with updated payment method information based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain demographic, interest-based and online advertising related data;
- publicly-available sources such as open government databases.
We may use UXCam, a user experience analytics solution. UXCam may record app screens visited, interaction patterns (such as screen actions, gestures: taps, scrolls), and device details (type, version, model, or operating system). We use UXCam information to improve our app.
UXCam does not collect personally identifiable information nor track your browsing habits across apps.
Use of Information
We use the information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your enrollment, your tolls and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use the information to:
- determine your geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized toll information and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests. Please see the "Your Choices" section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your location and communications preferences;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms;
- analyze and understand our audience and improve our service (including our user interface experiences);
- communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about Uproad, details about new features and content available on Uproad, and special offers, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. Please see the "Your Choices" section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your communications preferences.
We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by deactivating location services for the Application on your mobile device.
Disclosure of Information
Uproad does not sell or share your personal information with third parties. We may use anything we know about you to help us serve you better. We may share your information to the extent legally authorized with third party entities such as law enforcement, government entities, and other toll operators as deemed necessary.
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
Tolling agencies: We share your information with tolling agencies as needed for:
- toll processing and collection;
- providing you with access to our services;
- providing customer support;
- making decisions about service improvements;
- content development;
- other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
Whenever we transfer personal information we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- while using Uproad you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose;
- certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using applications on your smart device;
How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
We treat what we know about you as confidential information. Uproad has appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so and within the timeframe required by law.
Access to Account
For ease of access to your account, you will be remembered on your device until you log out. This enables you direct account access and to use the Uproad service without requiring reentry of any password or other user identification when you revisit the Application(s).
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) such as your toll history, vehicle, and account information (including your email address or other information in the "Profile" area of our Application(s)).
Email. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply click the "unsubscribe" link in the email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
Push Notifications. You can choose to receive mobile push notifications from Uproad. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device's settings functionality or visit the notification settings area of our Application(s) to turn them off.
Location Services. You can choose to receive location-based real-time tolling push notifications from Uproad. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device's settings functionality or visit the real-time tolling notification settings area of our Application(s) to turn it off.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You can most easily do this by visiting the "Account" portion of our website, where you can access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information and your payment information. You must be signed in to access the "Account" section. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
Right of Erasure
We retain transaction data for up to 7 years for reconciliation purposes, accounting purposes, future due diligence, potential disputes from consumers and potential audits from our partner toll agencies.
Toll transaction records include license plate, toll point, and transponder information, if applicable. Payment transaction records include credit/debit card type and the last four digits of the credit/debit card or PayPal and Venmo user names.
All other account data and personal information are eligible for erasure upon user request. Account data that is not subject to the ten-year retention requirement is not deleted immediately upon user deactivation so that such data is available for customer service requests that may be received after the account is deactivated and to charge pending toll transactions that may still be received by toll agencies with a delay of up to thirty days after the request for erasure.
To make requests, or if you have any other questions regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email or phone at 877-8UPROAD (877-887-7623). We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please also see the "Your Choices" section of this Privacy Statement for additional choices regarding your information.
We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Other Websites, Platforms, and Applications
You must be 16 years of age or older to subscribe to the Uproad service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older or younger than 16, in which case, you must satisfy that age to become a member.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies
We sometimes collect non-identifiable information from visits to our Web sites to help us provide better customer service. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit, and we also measure visitor activity on Uproad Web sites, but we do so in ways that keep the information non-identifiable. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." Uproad or others on Uproad's behalf may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better customer service.
Also, when we collect personal data from you in a transaction, we may extract some information about that transaction in a non-identifiable format and combine it with other non-identifiable information such as clickstream data. This information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns. This information is not reviewed at an individual level. If you do not want your transaction details used in this manner you can disable your cookies.
Some Uproad Web sites also use Web beacon or other technologies to better tailor those sites to provide better customer service. These technologies may be in use on a number of pages across Uproad's Web sites. When a visitor accesses these pages, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our suppliers. These Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If you don't want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with the law. Your continued use of the Uproad service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgment and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the Uproad service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
Last updated: April 15, 2020